Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Fun, Fabulous Finds - Do You Thrift?

Hello!

OK, so I've titled the blog Home Decorating but soon you'll find that I will chat about just about anything that comes to my mind! 

Today's question - Do You Thrift? That could mean a thrift store, consignment shop, second-hand store, antique store - you know what I mean!

I'm curious to know what others think, as I have always loved everything from garage sales to fine antique marts. I would go faithfully every weekend, but somehow as the trend moved into larger scaled furniture, all of which was "espresso" in color, my enthusiasm dwindled. Rather than looking for treasures in second-hand stores, I began buying new stuff just like a sheep! The irony here is that the "new" stuff I bought was new but made to look old......

Fast forward, today. I have rekindled my romance with hidden treasures and lost gems! I was out with my mom and found AMAZING silver-plated trays, a lot of them. I brought them home and shined them up and they are beautiful!!! I can't wait to use them entertaining! I also found the cutest little table - for 2 bucks! Really?? I plan to paint it some kind of amazing color and put it in my bedroom. I also picked up a fabulous Henredon  chair, which I plan to reupholster and it will be to die for.....!!! I will try to post some pictures so you can see the "befores." 

So, if YOU THRIFT, let me know your favorites!!! I'd love to check them out!!!

2 comments:

  1. I was in need of 2 dressers for my girls bedroom, but I didn't want to spend alot of $$ so I went to garage sale and found some. They were in rough shape but I went & got some dry erase paint to paint them with & zebra duct tape which I put on the front of the dresser drawers, Now the girl write everything from their schedules to drawings to having thier friends autograph them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rene, now THAT'S what I'm talking about! You had a need, knew how much you could spend and got creative!! Duct tape, who knew??? You're insanely creative!! :-)

      Delete