Monday, July 16, 2012

More Mackenzie-Childs Fabulocity!!!

Hello!!!

I'm back with Part Deux of my Mackenzie-Childs adventure! After grabbing all my goodies at the Barn Sale, it was time to head into the Shop. Whenever I am in this incredible space, I feel so inspired. See if any of these shots inspire you!

Let's start with this amazing lamp! Ok, maybe not a typical light source, but it certainly sparked some creative thoughts in my brain! This piece was made of ceramic, metal, fabric and mirror. His boots are made from broken mirror pieces, sparkly and cool!



The way they use multiple fabrics in upholstery isn't just custom, it's creativity on crack!! But here's the trick: mix patterns of varying scale and pattern. For example, using two stripes or even several for that matter, is okay as long as you have a mix of big, fat thick stripes along with medium and skinny stripes. Using decorative cording in between provides a break for the eye.

The prevalent black and white check is one of their signature patterns called Courtly Check. Note the use of it on the edge of the table. It's that level of attention to detail that, to me, makes this brand so remarkable.






Are those not the sexiest candles you've ever seen? I love them!!











There were several chandeliers in the shop but two I thought were so cool I had to share!

This fixture was made entirely of spoons and, believe it or not, is really elegant! I believe that it's a one-of-a-kind because it's not listed for sale in any of their catalogs. What a treasure!!
 Half traditional and half Alice in Wonderland! The polka dotted hand-blown glass center of lime and blue contrast with the seemingly traditional candelabra arms. This fixture is gigantic but I think would be amazing in the right two-story foyer.....












Even a little topiary can get dressed up by  hand-painting a container and adding bow!


 And this last picture is something I'm going to try out in my new compote! At first, we thought this fern was artificial, but it's not! They've "planted" it in this compote using moss as the dirt. By keeping the moss moist, the roots are watered and the fern grows! 


I'm sure this isn't a forever thing, but if the plant gets too big, just transplant it into a pot! If you've ever tried something like this, let me know, I'd love to hear how it turned out.



My two biggest take-away's from all of my visits to Mackenzie-Childs are; fabulous design isn't always serious, it can be fun and whimsical and inspiration is in everything, you just have to look!


Be Inspired to Find the Fabulous!!!
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment