Friday, July 6, 2012

It's Friday! Are You Ready To Hit The Sales???

Happy Friday!

This post is really for the newbies to garage and estate sales, so veteran's of the conquest, have patience with me as I share some helpful tips for them! Also, if you have a great tip or idea that I neglect to mention - PLEASE share it in a comment below! 

Here are some of my best practices for sale-ing:
 
  • Keep a List - I keep a list of things I may want to find and add to it during the week. It's easy to forget about it when you are out and about!
  • Use Technology - I go on the internet or use a paper to find the sales in my area or the ones I am most interested in going to because they may have an item listed that I want.
  • Map Your Route - I will try to map out the sales, so I can work in an organized manner. I find this is helpful so I don't end up jumping from one sale to another and then backtracking to get to another sale. That's a waste of time and gas!! 
  • Early Bird... - I try to start Friday. If you work or have other commitments, don't fret. If you get out EARLY on Saturday morning, like 7 or 8, you can still find lots of treasure!
  • Fuel Up - Before I start my early Saturday, I round up my partner and grab a bite to eat - you need fuel for this endeavor!!! *Side-note: Sale-ing is not for the weak or easily discouraged. You may encounter many junk sales before you find a treasure trove!! So remember what your mother told you, "Don't give up!" :-)
  • Negotiate - If you see something you want and you think the price is too high, never be afraid to negotiate. But when you ask, make sure you offer a price. For example if a vase if $5 and you'd like to buy it for $2, ask them, "Would you take two dollars for this?" If that's not acceptable to them, they will counter-offer. Work it until you are comfortable with the cost of the item, and if you're not comfortable with it, walk away. 
  • Have Fun - You are not solving any world problems here! This should be an adventure to find amazing things that will enrich your life, be it a book, a lamp or a piece of furniture! Remember that some days you'll score big and other days not so much!! 
OK, I've tried to dump as much out of my little head as I could think of for today - I'm excited to get moving on my own treasure hunt, but I wanted to share these things with you before the weekend!!! I truly hope that it helps you find the gems you have been looking for!!!

Find the Fabulous!!!
Tracy :-)   

No comments:

Post a Comment