Friday, July 13, 2012

Guest Room Almost There!!!

Good Morning!!

I can't believe I'm saying that after 4 1/2 hours of sleep! So, I made significant progress yesterday on Josh's room, however, for some reason my laptop is still fighting with all the pictures I'm trying to post!!! I promise I'll try to repost them this evening.

I haven't painted in a long time - for some reason, I thought that I enjoyed this....!!! Ok, I think the real issue here is that I'm have such a short timeline that it's hard to enjoy it and take my time. It's also difficult to be accurate - as my 2 am pictures will show....!!! So my first painting tip would be this: Make sure you give yourself sufficient time to do your project!! If you tend to think like I do, like I'm some sort of super human person, you'll put yourself under pressure and then it won't be fun!

I tried to make sure that I followed all the steps to proper painting. I first cleaned and dusted the walls and baseboards and I have to thank my little Oreck handheld vacuum for making that part so easy! It was also very helpful after I had filled ALL the holes with spackle and sanded, and sanded, and sanded and created enough dust to build another house!!! 

The one are I will admit that I fell down in is my materials. I should have ensured that I had not only the right tools, but that they were clean and serviceable as well!!! So yes, I had most everything, but I ended up wasting time and not getting a good result on some things - like edging, because I should have had a new tool!  Now I will have to go back to fix those things....and I will, because bad edging will drive my little OCD brain insane!!!!

After 5 pm the new bed will be delivered and this room needs to be at least ready to receive it. I would normally say it would be fine, but I am getting ready to leave for my Mother-In-Law & mine annual trek to Mackenzie-Childs in Aurora, NY. Our journey will take most of the day, so I'll get home just in time to get the room ready for the bed, but I can't pass up the Mackenzie-Childs Barn Sale.....!!! :-)  If you've never heard of Mackenzie-Childs, their stuff is Fabulous!!! Check out their website http://www.mackenzie-childs.com/

Ok folks, I've finished my ONE cup of tea and need to get showered to get out of here soon!!! I promise as soon as I get my pictures on my desktop I'll post!!! Thanks for hanging in there with me!!

Hey - I'll try to see if I can post from my phone at Mackenzie-Childs too!!

Find the Fabulous!!!!
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment